Monday, June 19, 2006

"The first rule of __________ is, you do not talk about _________."

Here’s something fun for all my readers to do while you anxiously await my next blog entry. I’ve been known to create the occasional movie-quote quiz and I thought I would use my blog as an excuse to create one more. So here are 10 movie quotes for you to ponder. The catch is that the title of the movie itself is contained within the quote, which has been removed and replaced with blanks. Fill in the blank and you have your movie title!

Some should be fairly easy, while others might give you a bit of a hard time. Your only hint is that all the answers come from my own personal DVD collection, which can be viewed by using one of the links found on this site. It may come in handy to solve the 10 quotes below and the bonus quote found in the title of today's blog.

You can email your answers to this address. If I get enough responses there might even be a prize in it for you!

Try not to cheat, and good luck!

Quote #1

“Then, they took everything about me and put it into a computer where they created this model of my mind. Yes! Using that model they managed to generate every thought I could possibly have in the next, say, 10 years. Which they then filtered through a probability matrix of some kind to - to determine everything I was gonna do in that period. So you see, she knew I was gonna lead the Army of the ____________ into the pages of history before it ever even occurred to me. She knows everything I'm ever gonna do before I know it myself. How's that?”

Quote #2

"Al Shepard's ear infection has flared up. And we've all been bumped up to the prime crew of ____________. Straight to the head of the line and the Fra Mauro highlands.”

Quote #3

“Dear Mr. Vernon, we accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was we did wrong. But we think you’re crazy to make an essay telling you who we think we are. You see as you want to see us, in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain, and an athlete, and a basket case, a princess, and a criminal. Does that answer your question? Sincerely yours, ____________.”

Quote #4

“You are the only white man I have ever known. I have thought about you a lot. More than you think. And I understand your concern. But I think you are wrong. The white man the soldiers are looking for no longer exists. Now there is only a Sioux named ____________."

Quote #5

“No way, no, and never. In that order, kid.”
“Excuse me? No one said anything to me about ____________."
“But you heard ‘em. We got to give ‘em something your average stripper don’t.”

Quote #6

“Nine companions. So be it. You shall be ____________."
“Great! Where are we going?”

Quote #7

“You'll conform to the identity we give you, eat where we tell you, live where we tell you. From now on you'll have no identifying marks of any kind. You'll not stand out in any way. Your entire image is crafted to leave no lasting memory with anyone you encounter. You're a rumour, recognizable only as deja vu and dismissed just as quickly. You don't exist; you were never even born. Anonymity is your name. Silence your native tongue. You're no longer part of the System. You're above the System. Over it. Beyond it. We're ‘them.’ We're ‘they.’ We are the ____________."

Quote #8

“We have an attorney in the family!”
“Great. Who?”
"____________!"

Quote #9

“I don't know. Part of me thinks the kid's right. He asks what he's done to deserve this. He wants to stay here, fine. Let's leave him and go home. But then another part of me thinks, what if by some miracle we stay, then actually make it out of here. Someday we might look back on this and decide that ____________ was the one decent thing we were able to pull out of this whole god-awful mess. Like you said, Captain, maybe we do that, we all earn the right to go home.”

Quote #10

“Well, you dirt-eating piece of slime, you scum-sucking pig, you son of a motherless goat.”
“Who are you?”
“Wherever there is injustice, you will find us. Wherever there is suffering, we’ll be there. Tell us we will die like dogs.”
“What?”
“Tell us we will die like dogs.”
“You WILL die like dogs.”
“No, we will not die like dogs! We will fight like lions! Because we are…”
“The ____________!"

No comments: