Wednesday, September 13, 2006

What's in a Name? Answers

Well it’s been over two months since the ‘What’s In a Name’ contest was first posted. Sadly I did not get very many responses. In fact, I only got one. Which means the rest of you don’t get any prizes. Nothing. Nada. Zip. No soup for you. Come back, one year.

I would like to congratulate and thank my sister, Brandi, for submitting her answers. While she only got three of them right, it’s more than the rest of the sorry bunch of you. I bet you’re kicking yourselves now, aren’t you? Yeah, that’s what I thought.

Brandi gets to choose from the following DVDs for her prize:

Cinderella Man
Cast Away
Fight Club
The Karate Kid
Spaceballs
The Usual Suspects
My Fair Lady

The rest of you get nothing, or did I mention that already?

Here are the answers from the ‘What’s In a Name’ quiz:

Group 1 – Edward Norton
Father Brian Finn, ‘Keeping the Faith’
Derek Vinyard, ‘American History X’
King Baldwin, ‘Kingdom of Heaven’
Aaron Stampler, ‘Primal Fear’

Group 2 – Brad Pitt
Rusty Ryan, ‘Ocean’s 11’ and ‘Ocean’s 12’
John Smith, ‘Mr. & Mrs. Smith’
Jeffrey Goines, ‘12 Monkeys’
Detective David Mills, ‘Se7en’

Group 3 – Ed Harris
Parcher, ‘A Beautiful Mind’
Major Konig, ‘Enemy at the Gates’
Christof, ‘The Truman Show’
Carl Fogarty, ‘A History of Violence’

Group 4 – Tom Hanks
Professor G. H. Dorr, ‘The Ladykillers’
Carl Hanratty, ‘Catch Me if You Can’
Jimmy Dugan, ‘A League of Their Own’
Andrew Beckett, ‘Philadelphia’

Group 5 – Kevin Spacey
Bobby Darin, ‘Beyond the Sea’
Lester Burnham, ‘American Beauty’
Prot, ‘K-PAX’
Hopper, ‘A Bug’s Life’

Group 6 – Kevin Costner
The Mariner, ‘Waterworld’
Lt. John Dunbar, ‘Dances With Wolves’
Ray Kinsella, ‘Field of Dreams’
Crash Davis, ‘Bull Durham’

Group 7 – Bruce Willis
Col. William A. McNamara, ‘Hart’s War’
Korben Dallas, ‘The Fifth Element’
Harry S. Stamper, ‘Armageddon’
Dr. Malcolm Crowe, ‘The Sixth Sense’

Group 8 – Tom Cruise
Nathan Algren, ‘The Last Samurai’
Lt. Daniel Kaffee, ‘A Few Good Men’
Chief John Anderton, ‘Minority Report’
Cole Trickle, ‘Days of Thunder’

Group 9 – John Cusack
Nicholas Easter, ‘Runaway Jury’
Martin Q. Blank, ‘Grosse Point Blank’
U.S. Marshal Vince Larkin, ‘Con Air’
Denny Lachance, ‘Stand By Me’

Group 10 – Ewan McGregor
Ed Bloom, ‘Big Fish’
Spec. John Grimes, ‘Black Hawk Down’
Renton, ‘Trainspotting’
Lincoln Six Echo, ‘The Island’

3 comments:

Dave said...

I must be a dumbass as I didn't figure out what the game was until I saw the answers.

D'oh!!

Anonymous said...

Yippee!! I would like to thank...just joking. Thanks Bro. I like to use my thinker.

Brandi

Anonymous said...

I'll take The Usual Suspects. That will come Purolator right?

Brandi